I have only one personal picture of actual damage to my neighborhood, where many lost *everything*, because we have been restricted to our house for almost a week. The curfew was 5 pm to 7 am since the hurricane hit. When we woke up Tuesday morning, this is what we saw 3 houses away.
The National Guard is here, because people are coming in to the neighborhoods with no power and no people, and stealing from the victims. Karma will get those people, I know that, but who does that? Who steals from people who have already lost so much? This is what we see all over our neighborhood:
I would like to thank the police, fire dept, EMS, and National Guard for all they are doing! We got free firewood to keep our house warm and when I asked about candles a cop went in and got me 3 votives because it was all they had. I love my town! Point Boro rocks!
Now, onto some happiness!
I am hosting a Virtual Race right now, there is a link with info to the right, but you can see the Facebook event page here. I did a drawing for everyone who signed up by Nov 1, and I will do another on Black Friday. So far I have 32 runners and have raised over $400 for the Cancer Concern Center! Hopefully their offices were not damaged by Sandy, they are close to the ocean in Point Pleasant Beach. I am accepting registrations all month, unless I run out of medals. At this point, I have 30 medals and will be purchasing more today so that I have a total of 60 medals. That leaves 28 up for grabs, and I will gladly order more if necessary! My last Virtual Run had 100 racers and I raised $1500 for Komen!
On to the winners! If you see your name, your prize will arrive with your medal! I am not shipping out this week as I originally planned, because the mail here is wonky right now. I am hoping things will be back to normal by next week!
- Athleta Visor: Debbie Bornstad
- Breast Cancer bracelet: Heather Keefe
- Havasu Decal Tumbler: Kathy Morris
- Pumpkin iRun decal: Valerie Morales, Maxine Rebeles, Christine Shubin
- iRun decal: Sam Steppe, Christy Blankenship, Stacy Hicks, Kim McKee, Suzann Lankford, Cary Bomgren
- Breast Cancer Pin: Grace Hagemeyer
- Breast Cancer Pin: Lisa Mercado
- Pedometer: Paula Owens
- Ford Warrior Scarf: Alexis Struszczyk
- AVON Breast Cancer Scarf: Danielle Borgo
- Breast Cancer bandana: Pattie Rundgren
- Pilates DVD: Tara Lee
- Sweat Pink Laces: Darlena Kolpak, Evelyn Smith, AnnMarie Bornstad, Heidi Cardoza
- notepad, stickers, etc: Morgan Prytherch
Anyone who did not win will be entered into the next drawing! Good luck!
Today is my long run, 15 miles! My usual route will be blocked off sue to the storm, so I will be making some changes! I have never run 15 miles before, it should be.....interesting!
What is the longest distance you have ever run?