I started using the Runtastic app with my training, instead of my gps watch, for the short runs. I might use it for the races as well, and here is why!
- It recognizes the playlists on my iPhone
- It posts to Facebook, Twitter, etc. after the run, so I can brag about how fabulous I am!
- I can enable live posting: It posts to Facebook that I have started a run
- OK, here is the best part. Seriously. I am still giggling about this. If someone (like my friend Monica I) clicks "like" on Facebook, the music quiets down (in real time) and a deep voice growls "I like it".
- I am sure there are more awesome features, (like being able to friend people at their website) but I am not sure what they all are!
Seriously, there I was, mile 2, knee ached a bit, shirt rubbing my arm wrong and irritating me, and the voice says "I like it". I literally laughed out loud. Like a loon. Good thing no one was around, because I probably looked insane.
It's the free version, too. I am going to buy the PRO version, I am just being lazy right now. I have a few bonus features from the 13 in 13 group, thanks to Runtastic being some awesome, but I might go for the whole enchilada. All because of that voice.
It's the little things, after all!
What's your favorite running app?