Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pretty Muddy and Breast Cancer Research ... perfect together!

I am so excited to be able to offer 4 more registrations to Pretty Muddy!  Pretty Muddy has teamed up with Girls Gone Sporty to get all the women Muddy!
This giveaway is a little different! There will be two standard entires to give away, PLUS two Family Edition entries to give away! LOVE it!
What is Pretty Muddy?
Pretty Muddy is a women only mud run put together by two awesome husbands who wanted to show their wives a little Muddy love! From the website:

Pretty Muddy was started by a couple of businessmen who were inspired by their wives – their pretty cool wives. Watching their partners juggle kids, households, carpools and careers – while still having time for the occasional ladies’ night – got the men thinking:
These awesome women deserve more time for themselves. Time for balance and time to be themselves without their families. Because even the greatest mom, businesswoman or grandma sometimes needs time that is just her own.
Like those pretty cool wives, today’s women are looking for a way to get together and focus on friendship, fun and fitness – without their significant others, their kids and the stress of the daily grind.
With the help of their wives and an incredible team of creative and motivated people, the two businessmen created an inaugural series of events called Pretty Muddy.
More than a mud run, it’s an exciting women-only event where you can let your hair down and have fun! And that’s pretty awesome.

SO very cool! I will be getting Muddy in Chicago in August, where do you want to get Muddy?
Dallas, Texas on April 26
Sacramento, California on May 3
Chicago, Illinois on August 16
Richmond, Virginia on September 20

If you live near, or want to travel to, one of these races, be sure to enter the giveaway! I will be posting the giveaway tomorrow, and drawing the winners on February 25th!

As if all of this is not perfect enough, the peeps at Pretty Muddy also support Breast Cancer Research, and women fighting the good fight!

Pretty Muddy will be giving away 250 entries to Survivors! They also hope to raise thousands of dollars for Susan G Komen Dallas!

Komen Dallas County serves thousands of Dallas County women in 30 cities as the local source for funding programs that:
  • provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Dallas County residents
  • provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
Komen Dallas County empowers Dallas County residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
They donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1992, Komen Dallas County has invested more than $19 million into Dallas County via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Dallas County residents.
They are hosting this program in Richmond and Chicago as well! You can donate here if you would like to support these awesome programs!

Look out tomorrow for the Rafflecopter to win an entry into one of these awesome races!

No comments:

Post a Comment